Limelight is the leader in experiential marketing solutions.
They provide data-driven insights from live events and integrate those insights into CRM’s. Limelight had recently joined forces with (+) Meshh., providing world-class, location-based intelligence and interaction solutions, measure engagement and interaction in the consumer’s physical space.
Limelight partnered with an outsourced lead generation agency to supercharge their business development efforts, specifically to focus on their new Meshh offering.
Limelight focuses on the experiential marketing department within Fortune 2000 companies, with a particular focus on “anything that moves”:
• Sport & Recreational vehicles
Why Focus on
• Limelight acquired MESHH and immediately looked to leverage MESHH as an “edge to the wedge” pipeline creation opportunity.
• Limelight recognized that between their core customer base, and MESHH’s customer base, a large cohort of experiential marketing buyers have left their customer base to join new companies due to Covid. This created a perfect opportunity for leveraging the relationships of past advocates.
• Limelight also recognized that throughout their 5-year history, many newly appointed CMO’s have grown from experiential marketing roles, while also changing jobs due to the “Great Resignation”, offering an opportunity to engage these newly appointed CMO’s early as they developed budgets around re-surging live marketing events.
How Was Success Measured?
Success was measured three (3) ways:
- Database Growth – 85% of all Signals identified were net new to their CRM, even as their sales team organically continued to develop their database.
- Conversation Conversion – SDR’s consistently touted that Relationship Signals were much easier to engage via the telephone, more responsive to email, and engaged in dialogue conversations. An A/B test against non-Signal lists was not performed.
- Opportunities Created – two (2) major sales opportunities were created in a 90 day controlled test.
What Change Management Occured?
Limelight, partnered with their lead generation agency has determined that their “things that move” campaign was successful by focusing on:
• Relationships from Limelight’s 5 years of customer base + MESHH’s customer base;
• Identify newly appointed CMO’s with experiential marketing experience to trigger their affinity for live events BEFORE they concretely shape their budgets.
Limelight, partnered with their lead generation agency will focus a specific SDR dedicated to the following sales motion: “focus on reverse-engineering our Relationships, while developing Pending Relationship (Appointed CMO) Signals”.
This SDR will campaign all CMO’s that meet their Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) globally in search of experiential marketing programs.